Monday, June 04, 2007

No Greater Calling

Last week we went on a small trip. We stayed at my Mother in Law's house, except she wasn't there. My husband had to work so the kids and I went on a few field trips to keep us busy. The week before we took our oldest and youngest to a HS conference at Southern Virginia University. When we returned home we did laundry and went to church. On Monday we took the kids to an amusement park and then drove a few hours to stay at my MIL's house. Everyday that we spent there was go go go! The kids had stayed up late while we were gone and then every night since we had been home. My husband had to work and we only saw him at night so I kept the kids busy all day. The kids started to complain and argue over everything. My patience were running thin. One morning as we were getting ready to leave the house to start our day, my husbands Aunt stopped in. We said hello and continued to gather our things that we would need for the day and pack the car. The kids said goodbye and went to the car. As I went to say goodbye she said to me, "Linz, you really enjoy your kids--it really shows!" Wow! Here I was frustrated and thinking I had had enough and then someone comes along and reminds me that I have no greater calling than to be with and raise my children! I know that my Heavenly Father was speaking through this woman, telling me He's proud of me and that He loves me. Over the next two days I received three compliments about my family--one from my Dad, a stranger and another one of my husbands Aunts with tears in her eyes. I am so grateful to those people who felt the spirit whisper to them to uplift me when I was feeling unappreciated and tired.
We are now home and ready to kick off our summer! We will be attending our homeschool group end of the year party tonight. The kids are excited and so am I! Happy Summer!
Linz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always told you (and thought) that you were a fabulous mom to your kids, so I'll tell you again... you rock as a mom!

Love you!