Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Origami




Monday was a very busy, productive day. Hubby got his Father's Day breakfast (we had friends stay over the weekend so we waited til Mon. to do it), we (actually it was me who made it-I couldn't get the kids out of bed!) made him blueberry muffins. He went off to work at 8:30 and our day took off fom there. We had a little friend stay with us for the day (Lightning Bug was sooo happy). The three older kids started their math and did their activity on the calendar. I read to Wheel Bug and did puzzles with him to keep him out of the other kids way. He gave me a puzzle and told me to do that one and he would do another one. At one point he looked at me and said "Mom, you are doing a good job!" I loved that! I thought we must be doing this whole parenting thing right if he can take time to compliment mom on her puzzle skills! We have been setting a good example by complimenting/cheering on each other and the kids. While the kids all worked and some played I got laundry done, cleaned up from making muffins, started the first part of supper, looked over school papers and more! After lunch we went to the library for an activity that the three older kids were doing called Science with Origami. They made a frog, shot cool airplanes at targets all over the room (some up in the air) and othe cool stuff. They had a great time! I read to Lightning and Jitter Bug while wheel Bug slept. When we came home June Bug and Ladybug made a pound cake while I prepared supper. At some point during the day the kids were outside playing and found two baby bird eggs that have fallen out of it's nest (so sad). Ladybug is researching to find out what type of egg it is. Daddy came home around 6pm and then we ate. After supper the kids played outside til 9pm. We had such a great day!

No comments: