Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bug Names

For any of you out there that wonder why my kids have bug names I thought I would tell you how they got them. My mom is an awesome lady! My mom is one of those people that believes you should always keep learning. Whether it's a sewing class, real estate class or your studying to get your PHD (she's on her way to get her 2nd!) she believes you can't learn enough. Anyway, she teaches Biology at a high school. She has a masters in Biology (her PHD or Ed D is for Education Administration and Leadership----she's out to change the system for the better!!!) and she loves bugs! All kinds...SNAKES, frogs you name it she loves it all! When my kids were born she decided to give them bug names. My mom calls them by their bug name and my kids collect everything that has their bug on it. She even matched their names perfectly with each kid. My mom does this year long project with her students where they collect bugs, label them and put them in a shadow box. My kids, even though we live a few hours apart, collect bugs for her all year.
Anyway, that is why they go by bugs. We love you, Mom!
Linz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL - I am sure that you just love them collecting and bringing bugs into the house! :-)