Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Stink Bug

This week is going by fast! We did not do official sit down "school" on Monday cause Dad had the day off. The four older kids went to their cousins house to play for a few hours and then we had a friend over in the afternoon. Tuesday, I realized that Stink Bug needs one on one time to do his math. He finished his second third grade math book since September, so I bought him a fourth grade book and it's a little harder. After we came home from the library I sent the other kids into their rooms for reading time and sat with Stink Bug to work on his math. He did much better! He understood it----it just took me sitting there, uninterrupted, explaining it to him. Lightning Bug is getting farther in math and requires a little more attention also, so usually I'm teaching them both at the same time. I think teaching him math later in the day will work for now.

Stink Bug and Ladybug had their Homeschool Book Club today at the library. They read Viking It And Liking It. After they discussed the book they made viking helmets. They had a great time.

I'm off to read to the kids and then bed.

Linz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any pics of them with their Viking helmets on? *hopes* :-)

Anonymous said...

What type of math are Stink Bug and Lightning Bug?

Linz said...

For the five younger kids I buy workbooks from the teacher/parent store. For my oldest we use Saxon Math. In September, Ladybug will be in Saxon Math.