Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Kids Hard at Work

What a good boy! Wheel bug played with his Aquadoodle while everyone else worked hard in the other room!





The kids got back to their school work today after our Christmas break. I thought after taking such a long break it would be hard for them to get back into our routine. I was wrong--they didn't seem to have any problem and we got a lot done! We started our unit on the 50 states (more to come on that) today. We are going in alphabetic order so we are starting with Alabama. Ladybug was very excited-she loves to be quizzed on the state capitals! Here is a picture of them hard at work......notice Rose the teddy bear watching Ladybug work!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow awesome, what concentration. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

You are so impressive! - Just getting one to work for any length of time takes a lot of effort, let alone 5!! We are working around the world (have already done Africa, now on to So. America)Robbie learns the capitols, major waterways, geographical landmarks, general cultural/historical background, general economy, etc., draws a flag for each country which is posted up, and flash cards for ea. country for easy daily quizes. In a couple of months, we will hit the states & at the same time learn all 43 presidents & US history from 1800 - 1860 (I like bundling subjects!) I wish Robbie & I could do home schooling like you do - I think it would be a lot more fun - but Robbie needs a lot of structure & focus - but I use you as my role model for any of our less structured moments! Keep up the great work!!

Anonymous said...

Linz - If I set up a Blog acct, does it cost me anything? - Aunt J