Thursday, January 05, 2006

We got a lot of work done today! I had to tell them "We need to stop so you guys can have some free time to play outside before it gets dark!" I said this at 4:00 and believe it or not I said that same thing to them yesterday at 4:50 (and we start "school" at 9am)!! I love that they are so enthusiastic about learning! The kids were so nice to each other and chores got done in record time! I even sat down on the couch in the family room for about ten minutes (undisturbed and the kids working quietly in the other room) looking out the window and just relaxed. A rare moment of peace for me. I love that my husband works so hard, so that I can be at home with our kids!
Linz
Ladybug and Stink Bug made a Plant Cell out of play-doh for science today.
Stink Bug's Plant Cell is on the left, Ladybug's is on the right.

Our Play-doh recipe
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 TBL. oil
3/4 cup water
food coloring
Mix dry ingredients. Add the water and oil. Add more water it's dry. Add more flour if it's too sticky. Add food coloring. It can be stored in the refrigerator in a plastic bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great job on the plant cells!

Do you do do a set rotation of subjects each day, or do you divide the subjects up among different days during the week?

Linz said...

Yes we do, except History and Science we do those three days a week.